Designed to empower students by emphasizing research-based learning strategies college athletes can use to increase their chances of college success.
LASSI Modules for College Athletes empowers student athletes by emphasizing research-based learning strategies they can use to increase their chances of college success. These new instructional Modules were specifically designed to help athletes become more effective strategic learners.
Author Penny Turrentine covers topics important to Athletes:
- Take Practical Steps to Reduce Stress
- Surround Yourself with Positive Peers
- Handle the Distractions
- Create a Test-Taking Game Plan
- Recognize Your Skills
- Keep Your Head in the Game
- Distribute Your Study Sessions
- Develop a Pre-test Ritual
- Make Daily To-Do Lists
- Think of Professors as Part of Your Team
LASSI Modules for College Athletes
Penny Turrentine, Ph.D.
Claire Ellen Weinstein, Ph.D. and Taylor W. Acee, Ph.D.
50 Lessons (5 for each of the 10 LASSI scales)
Selecting Main Ideas
Using Academic Resources