Online Arithmetic Syllabus
Arithmetic, An Individualized Approach is designed to improve your arithmetic skills. You probably have progressed past arithmetic in your school work, but it is common for good students to have serious holes in their arithmetic skills which constantly interfere with new courses or new activities. This is the perfect place for you to fill in those holes so they will no longer be a detriment to your progress.
The instruction provided here is complete in every way. Any arithmetic topic you need to learn is fully presented.
- Explanations are complete.
- Practice problems walk you through every process.
- A mentor is available at all times to answer any questions.
- A self-testing program allows you to make accurate appraisals of your mastery of the material.
At the same time, you can be very selective in deciding what portions of this complete instruction you need to cover.
- Chapter titles are descriptive and give you a first clue for finding the topics you need.
- The first screen for each chapter lists the units by titles. Those titles may be sufficient for you to select the unit where you need to begin.
- If the titles are not enough to make a good decision, the second screen of each chapter is a Preview. You will find a list of sample problems from the chapter. Each problem is accompanied by a notation showing the unit in which it appears.
One word of caution: Just because it is easy to locate the topics you need don't assume that this is not a serious task. Everything you need is here except for your own discipline. That you must provide. Make good decisions. Move as quickly as possible, but do your lessons carefully and completely. When you do the arithmetic this time you want to have it behind you the rest of your life. Do it right and that is what will happen.
We guarantee the high quality of the instruction here. You must provide the high quality of studious behavior that will insure a successful learning experience. Even though you will be working online, you are not alone at this task. You have a Mentor who will give you help whenever you ask. Your Mentor is not here to make judgments about you, criticize, give grades, etc. The only interest of your Mentor is to give help when requested.
Your mentor is constantly available for assistance, for counseling, and for helping you make wise decisions about your progress. There are two ways for you to contact your mentor:
- Email. Your Mentor's email address is: MathMentor@hhpublishing.com. When sending an email request for help, be certain to include:
- The title of the course you are taking.
- The chapter, unit and frame.
- If possible, describe the difficulty you are encountering. You are guaranteed an email reply to your request within 24 hours.