Overview of FTCE/GKT
Many students have difficulties passing the General Knowledge Test. This online program is the most complete, quality program for addressing the specific needs and demands of prospective educators and associated professional pursuits.
In the program, the user finds:
- A careful description of every tested competency.
- Examples of every tested competency.
- Four sample tests each for Reading, Writing, and Mathematics.
- A results page for each sample test that grades the test, shows scores, percents, items missed, and offers an opportunity to revisit any item to see how it can be correctly completed.
- An opportunity to write sample essays, send them by email for evaluation, and receive replies with appropriate feedback.
Students are continuously informed of weaknesses/strengths. Areas of weakness are accompanied by specific comments and suggestions for improving them.
Campus administrators of the program separately receive all student data and can target the help needed for each individual student.
This online program is designed specifically to meet the contents and competencies described in official state publications informing students of the GKT.