Online Student Success Overview
Short, to the point, research-based instruction that can dramatically improve academic performance. This individual booklet teaches a single topic in an eight page format.
A Three Phase Approach
- Phase One: Before Going Online
- A look at five readiness areas to insure success as you enroll in and take an online course: technological readiness, courseware readiness, psychological readiness, special needs readiness, and learning and study readiness, especially as they relate to successful strategies, time management, task organization, and course work environment.
- Phase Two: First Week Activities
- recommendations for first week activities that will help you get and maintain control of your course materials and assignments, become socially and collegially involved with your online classmates, and locate and use the many learning support programs and services available for academic success.
- Phase Three: Beyond the First Week
- After a successful beginning, you now face weeks of required readings and course assignments that may include Internet research, questions and quizzes on your weekly reading assignments, writing analytical and research papers—activities that require not only persistence but may require learning support that is specific to these course activities.
- An annotated list of resources for online learners.
- A web site resource for accessing many online materials.
- Online Course Help Directory
- A chart you will complete listing useful services, locations, contacts, web sites, email and/or phone numbers.
Frank Christ, Ph.D.
Prices (booklets are shrinkwrapped in packets of 25):
- Packet of 25 = $50.00
- Packet of 100 = $160.00 (20% discount)
- Packet of 1000 = $1200.00 (40% discount)